Boating Fun Takes Over At&T Park’s Mccovey Cove and Pier 48 for Inaugural Progressive Insurance San Francisco Boat Show
Hundreds of New Powerboats, Boating Accessories, Paddlesports, Hands-on Workshops, Seminars and More
All that is hot in the world of boating will take over the water at AT&T Park’s McCovey Cove and inside the adjacent Pier 48 for the inaugural Progressive® Insurance San Francisco Boat Show®, Thursday, January 23 through Sunday, January 26. This new four-day boating extravaganza offers something for novice skippers to experienced captains with boating workshops along the Bay, a chance to try paddlesports indoors and daily boating and sailing seminars, plus more than 150 boats and the latest marine accessories for sale.
“Whether you are an experienced boater or new to the sport, this is the place for Northern California residents to immerse themselves in the joys of the boating lifestyle,” said Progressive Insurance San Francisco Boat Show’s Vice President Dave Geoffroy. “The boat show provides something for adults and children of all ages with hands-on activities and a variety of educational opportunities. We’re thrilled to host a premier boating event in San Francisco at the iconic McCovey Cove at AT&T Park.”
Show highlights include:
- Try it Cove: Paddlesports Indoors – Inside Pier 48, a pool provides FREE opportunities for attendees to get wet and try a variety of on-the-water activities including stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking and more. Ages 10 and up are welcome and changing rooms are provided.
- Discover Boating’s Hands-on Skills Training – Professional boaters will host hands-on boating workshops for beginners and experienced boaters along San Francisco Bay. One-hour to three-hour power boating workshops tackle topics including: Advanced Docking Skills; Close Quarters Power Handling; and Open Water Boat Handling. Additionally, powerboaters may also opt for a more in-depth learning experience and more helm time by participating in an extended workshop designed by NMMA exclusively for the show – Powerboating Made Easy and Advanced Docking and Precision Boat Control Made in Tight Places.
- Discover Sailing, On-the-Water Classes – From a Taste of Sailing with no experience necessary, to an Introduction to Intermediate and Advanced Sailing Skills, sailors of all levels will enjoy the two-hour interactive on-the-water classes. In conjunction with Sail America, professional captains and certified-licensed instructors from Tradewinds Sailing School will instruct intimate classes of four persons per boat. Advanced registration is $75 per student and includes free admission to the boat show. To reserve a space please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- San Francisco Bay Sailing Experience – Newbies interested in experiencing what it is like to sail on San Francisco Bay are encouraged to join the experts at Passage Yachts for a two-and-a half-hour sail on San Francisco Bay aboard a new 37–40 foot sailboat. A licensed captain will share the ins and outs of sailing, as well as highlight the popular restaurant and gathering places for sailors around the Bay. Advanced registration is $95 per person, or $175 per couple. To reserve a space, please visit www.SFBoatShow.com.
- Free Daily Power Boating and Sailing Seminars – From sailing and power boating to cruising and docking, dozens of free educational seminars can help boaters of all skill levels sharpen their nautical know-how.
- Fred’s Shed DIY Seminars – This interactive learning center offers hands-on sessions with experts teaching attendees how to repair motors, perform regular maintenance, troubleshoot new technologies and more.
- Kids’ Zone – Little skippers have an opportunity to get creative and build a one-of-a-kind vessel using pieces of wood, crafty bobbles and bangles and lots of imagination. Kids are also invited to get wet paddleboarding and kayaking on Try it Cove’s indoor pool (ages 10 and up), in Pier 48.
AT&T Park’s McCovey Cove will transform into an in-water showroom, allowing visitor’s to climb aboard the larger luxury yachts, sailboats and fishing vessels, plus take part in daily on-water boating lessons. Inside Pier 48, dozens of boat for every budget and lifestyle are for sale, from ski boats to family cruisers, in addition to the newest marine accessories, a chance to try paddle sports, daily seminars and more. Also, showgoers are invited to ride the free trolley from Pier 48 to AT&T Park’s McCovey Cove.
The inaugural Progressive Insurance San Francisco Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). Show hours are: Thursday, January 23 and Friday, January 24, from noon to 7 p.m., Saturday, January 25, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, January 26, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets are $12 one-day adult, children 15 and younger are free (when accompanied by an adult), and active military, fire and police personnel are free with ID.
For more details or to purchase advance tickets online and receive a $2 discount, visit www.SFBoatShow.com.
Follow the Progressive Insurance San Francisco Boat Show at www.facebook.com/SFBoatShow, www.twitter.com/SFBoatShow and www.instagram.com/SFBoatShow.