2014 Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Chicago Anchors at Navy Pier (January 23-26)
Set sail into summer at Midwest’s premier sailing event with deals on the latest sailboats and accessories, plus hundreds of educational seminars and nautical fun for all ages
Cast away those winter blues and set sail at the 2014 Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Chicago boat show, dropping anchor at Chicago’s Navy Pier January 23-26. The nation’s largest indoor "all-sail" boat show attracts more than 20,000 sailing enthusiasts and is the winter destination for ‘sails’ on new sailboats, gear and accessories, plus daily clinics for sailors of all experience levels and fun for the whole family.
The same committee is already at work to plan the 2013 event, which will seek to come back stronger than ever as we exit this transitional year. On behalf of the St. Croix Yacht Club, we look forward to working with the community to make this uniquely Cruzan event a proud and prosperous one for all in 2013.
2014 Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Chicago highlights include:
- Featured seminars include a recap of the America’s Cup, one of the world’s most prestigious sailing events, from President of the National Sailing Hall of Fame, Gary Jobson and a chance to meet ‘America’s First Couple of Cruising, Lin & Larry Pardey’.
- Nautical family fun includes knot tying, crafting toy sailboats, a bouncy play area, appearances from Skipper the dolphin, and returning by popular demand, the remote control sailboat pond – a favorite for adults and children.
- Learn the ropes on dry land before setting sail. More than 200 free educational seminars offer beginners an affordable way to get their feet wet before climbing aboard and experienced skippers a variety of courses to improve techniques and learn something new during off season.
- Set Sail on the Sailing Simulator. Climb aboard an actual sailboat, adjust the ropes and get a feel for the wind and waves without getting wet, ideal for new boaters looking to learn how to sail and for advanced sailors looking to practice under different conditions.
- Nautical style adds a splash to your wardrobe and is also an important part of the boating lifestyle, which is why visitors can dress the part with deals on everything needed for on-the-water adventures from boat shoes to waterproof apparel and much more.
When: Thursday through Sunday, January 23 – 26, 2013
Thursday, January 23: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday, January 24: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, January 25: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, January 26: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Navy Pier, Festival Halls A & B, 600 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
$12 – Thursday and Friday (Adults)
$15 – Saturday and Sunday (Adults)
$25 – Family Pack, includes two adults and two children any day (Online ONLY)
$75 – VIP Club (includes 4 day ticket, private lounge, coat check, snacks and more)FREE – Children 15 years and under (when accompanied by an adult)
All online e-ticket purchases include a one-year subscription to Yachting, Boating, Parenting, Flying, TW Snowboarding, Sailing World (online) or Cruising World (online)
For more information and to pre-shop the show, visit StrictlySailChicago.com. Become a fan on Facebook and follow the show on Twitter. Use hashtag #StrictlySailChicago across all social platforms to join the conversation.
Visit StrictlySailChicago.com to sign-up for a press badge or contact Maria Blevins at 312.946.6231 or email@example.com for press materials, photos and interviews.