Racing News, Results, Lies, Etc.
2001 MC Scow Midwinter Championship
March 9, 10 & 11, 2001
The Lake Eustis Sailing Club out did themselves with great weather, good racing, and fine shore side activities. And, a record number of sailors participated - 74 in all. Eleven states were represented with Woody Woodruff make the long haul from Colorado.
Races one and two were sailed on Friday in a moderate breeze with Andy Burdick and Tommy Harken taking the top places. Three races were completed Saturday, although the third race had to be shortened to a downwind finish as a storm was coming over the horizon. Race honors went to Andy Burdick for winning races 3 and 4, and to Jeff Annis for winning the shortened 5th race.
Sunday’s final race saw Andy Burdick capturing his four win. Unfortunately a DNF took Andy out of first place for the regatta. First place for the regatta went to Tommy Harken with consitent finishes thoughout the six races.
Congratulations to Bob DeWitt, Greg Murphy and Candi Robb for hosting a great regatta. Lake Eustis is in the midst of an ambitions building after years of sailing from a city dock.
Top finishers were as follow:
1) Tommy Harken, Charleston, SC Honor: 1st Overall
2) Zack Clayton, Pewaukee, WI Honor: 2nd OA & Top Pro
3) Eric Hood, Zenda, WI Honor: 3rd OA & 2nd Pro
4) Dan Fink, Muskego, WI Honor: 4th OA
5) Greg Gust, Rockwall, TX Honor: 5th OA
6) Ted Keller, Powell, OH Honor 6th OA
7) Lenny Krawcheck, Charleston, SC Honor: 7th OA & Top Grand Master
8) Jeff Annis, Augusta, GA Honor 8th OA
9) Jack Kern, Heath, TX Honor: 9th OA & 2nd Grand Master
10) Alex Shafer, Eustis, FL Honor: 10th OA
13) Winn Story, Flowery Branch, GA Honor: 3rd Grand Master
14) Rick Trester, West Bend, WI Honor: 1st Master
20) Tim Fredman, Hartland, WI Honor: 2nd Master
22) Louis Conger, Shreveport, LA Honor: 3rd Master
41) Chuck Nichols, Rockford, IL Honor: 1st Ancient Mariner
48) Bill Freytag, Fontana, WI Honor: 2nd Ancient Mariner
59) Curt Bradley, Greenville, MI Honor: 3rd Ancient Mariner